Tuesday, December 9, 2008

original diagnostic essay

Many times in my life, I have wished for various different superpowers. Whenever I am stuck in traffic, I imagine how cool it would be to fly out of the jam. The night before the big project is due, and I am nowhere near ready to turn it in, I pray I had the power to alter time. Every time I injure myself, and the pain just will not go away fast enough, I wish I had super fast healing powers. However, the one superpower I wish I had, when I woke up tomorrow, would have to be mind control.
One of the reasons mind control would be such a cool power to have is its diversity. Many of the things I could accomplish with other powers I could also do with mind control. I would not need to fly out of a traffic jam if I could, with mind control, make every car in front of me move to the side. I would not need to alter time, in order to get the big project in on schedule, if I could just use my mind control powers to force the professor to give me an A.
I could do so many awesome things if I had mind control powers. I would not need a job when, through mind control, I could get anything I could ever want. On the gross side, I would not even have to take a shower if I could make everyone around me think I smell like rainbows and sunshine. There would be no need to act respectful and polite if I could make people think I am Mr. Rogers. Speaking would not be necessary if I could make someone instantly know what I am saying. However, the best thing about having mind control would be attracting girls.



With mind control, I could make any girl I could ever want swoon over me. The girl I had a crush on in high school, that was way out of my league, would be my biggest fan and stalker. Jessica Alba would be all mine. Instead of the stupid Paparazzi harassing us, and shooting our picture anywhere we go, they would harass and shoot each other, to death. I would not have to take my girlfriend to dinner all the time. We would instead, stay home all the time and eat her delicious, homemade, cake and ice cream as well as do other, awesome, things.
After I indulged myself for a little bit, I would try to improve the world with my amazing gift. First I would stop the violence wherever I knew it was happening, instead of people trying to kill their enemy, I would make them buy each other a drink. However, many people of the world are too poor to buy drinks, so I would, like Robin Hood; force the rich to give to the poor. Finally, I would force all the world leaders to make the government fair to their people by forcing them to rise up against corrupt officials.
I think mind control would be an awesomely fun superpower to have. I could probably do more cool stuff with mind control than I could with any other superpower I can imagine. If I could manage not to let the gift go to my head to much, I could do a lot of good for the world. Though superpowers would be fun, there would be a huge responsibility to save the world with them. Because of that, I am glad just to be regular old me. Then again, having a superpower for just one day would not suck.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home